Jan 8, 2021
This is the first of a regular Friday episode looking at the biggest personal finance and money news stories of the last seven days.
I'm joined for this one by Faith Archer (Much More With Less), and we look at topics including:
- whether parents can furlough in the new lockdown
- if it's worth rushing to beat the stamp duty freeze deadline
- why Virgin Media's price hike isn't the first one we'll see this year
- the proposed changes to leasehold rules
- just how much your CEO is getting paid compared to you
- whether "divorce day" is a real thing
Read more on these stories at becleverwithyourcash.com/cashchats158
* Please do leave a review and rating if this saves you money. *
ABOUT CASH CHATS
Cash Chats is presented by money blogger and broadcaster Andy Webb.
In 2020 the podcast was featured as one of the top finance podcasts by publications including Apple, Good Housekeeping, The Sun and the Independent.
In 2019 it was awarded Best Money Podcast at the SHOMOS - the UK Money Bloggers community annual awards.
On each Cash Chats episode you can hear Andy share ways to get the most from your money. He's often joined for friendly and accessible conversations by a friend from the UK Money Blogger community to cover topics as diverse as freebies and investments.
Andy also runs the award-winning website Be Clever With Your Cash, presented Channel 5’s Shop Smart Save Money and founded the community ukmoneybloggers.com. To contact Andy email Andy@Becleverwithyourcash.com
ANDY ON SOCIAL
Andy's handle is @AndyCleverCash and you can follow him over at:
GET ANDY'S WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
You'll also get a free Quidco bonus for signing up
The music is Easter Island by Lonely Punk and provided on a creative commons licence